- About Us
- Yoga Styles
- Contact Us
Yoga Styles > SUP Yoga
If you are looking for a new challenge to work out all your body with all the benefits of yoga whilst enjoying the fantastic feeling of floating on the clear Mediterranean sea then Stand-Up Paddle-board Yoga is for you!
What could be more perfect for the hot summer months than exercising just a few centimetres from the crystal clear waters that surround our islands!
Easier than it sounds SUP Yoga is a yoga routine practised whilst balancing on a large stand-up paddle-board or surfboard. Since the platform is unstable it brings into play more core muscles and focus/concentration than you would normally use in a normal land-based yoga routine.
PowerYogaWorld introduced SUP Yoga to Malta in 2011 after realising that this variation was just perfect for the hot summer months in Malta. It is offered at one of Malta’s premier beach club locations in the North of the Island where the most spectacular views and clearest waters can be found. Specialist equipment (boards/paddles/leashes) is also provided as well as full instruction by a experienced SUP Yoga instructor.
Why SUP Yoga??
1) It’s a better workout – since the platform is unstable you to engage your core for better balance
2) Will redefine your technique – you’ll have to focus more on your technique since if you are not balanced properly your board will let you know
3) More calming – what could be more relaxing than floating on the water?
4) Helps you focus on your breath – the sound of water will help you relax, centre yourself and become more aware of your breath
5) It’s FUN! – which keeps you motivated and happy and coming back for more
6) It’s just a touch scary – since there is always the possibility of falling. Although this won’t hurt that fear will give you a touch of adrenaline to keep you motivated and focussed
7) It teaches you to get back up when you fall – which is obviously a good life lesson
8) It’s more challenging – since there is less room for error the board will let you know when you are not doing things right
9) It’s beautiful – you’re outside in the fresh air and sun, floating on the Mediterranean Sea on a lovely summers day! What could be more beautiful than that???
We offer SUP Yoga every Saturday (1330hrs) and Sunday (1130hrs) from 14th June to October. Due to a limited number of boards and the popularity of SUP Yoga during the summer months we strongly advise you to contact us should you wish to join. Bookings will be confirmed on pre-payment.
See you on the Waves!