- About Us
- Yoga Styles
- Contact Us
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your yoga sessions.
– Try to arrive 10 or 15 minutes before class to calm down and prepare mentally and physically for the class
– It is highly recommended to bring your own personal yoga mat for hygienic reasons. There are mats for sale at our yoga studio
– Do not eat for at least 3 hours before class. Yoga should not be practised on a full stomach, bladder or bowels
– Remember to drink plenty of water after each class and hydrate yourself throughout a day
– Wear comfortable and loose clothing and practice without shoes or socks – If you have any injury or other problem that might affect your practice, please tell your teacher
– If you are pregnant please inform your teacher. If you have serious chronic health problems or injuries please check with your doctor before beginning to practice yoga
– While one class a week is better than none at all, yoga is most beneficial when practiced regularly
– When you enter the studio, please remove your shoes and turn off your cell phones!
– Please make every effort to arrive on time. Late arrivals are disturbing to the teacher and the students.
– Please refrain from wearing perfume
– If you arrive late, please wait until the centering part is over (Hint: a couple of moments after you hear the OM or the students start moving). Centering is a very important part of the Yoga practice. It allows one to tune into the right “wave length”, prepare for the practice, establish proper breathing pattern, etc.
– If you have to leave before the end of a class, please inform your teacher in advance and try to leave prior to Final Relaxation (Savasana) to ensure that other students have a fulfilling experience.
Power Yoga World encourages students to take responsibility for their own practice.
Yoga is personal and non-competitive.